Suzhou and Tongli Water Town Day Tour from Shanghai
This tour covers a visit to Suzhou and Tongli Water Towns from Shanghai and back. A private car with an experienced local driver, a local English-speaking guide, and a local lunch in Suzhou is included.
Visit one of the top four ancient gardens in China, Shuttle back and forth in a rickshaw among the exquisite bridges and lanes of Suzhou, Enjoy local delicacies in a well-decorated restaurant, Relax in the historical Tongli water town, Understand the culture and history of Tongli from a sculling boat, Don’t waste a single minute… absolutely no shop detours
Price based on 2 travelers
- Visit one of the top four ancient gardens in China.
- Shuttle back and forth in a rickshaw among the exquisite bridges and lanes of Suzhou.
- Enjoy local delicacies in a well-decorated restaurant.
- Relax in the historical Tongli water town.
- Understand the culture and history of Tongli from a sculling boat.
- Don’t waste a single minute… absolutely no shop detours.
Your private tour guide will be waiting for you at the lobby of your Shanghai hotel at around 8:30 a.m. and your private driver will transfer you to Lingering Garden. On the way to the garden, your guide will briefly introduce highlights of the day trip and some interesting facts about Suzhou and Tongli.
Tian'anmen Square is an extensive open area in Beijing, adjacent to the Forbidden City. Inside the Forbidden City.
First visit the Lingering Garden for 2 hours, which is the most famous southern China garden. The stories behind the buildings are interesting, so listen to the knowledgeable guide carefully.
Next, take a rickshaw ride You will be transferred to Humble Administrator Garden to kick off your 30-minute rickshaw ride. You rickshaw driver will take you from the garden to Baita East Road, where you can drive through some small historical lanes. Local people still lead a simple life there. Your rickshaw ride will end on Shantang Cultural Street, where you will find both the most historical and the most fashionable parts of Suzhou.
After the rickshaw ride, you will be transferred for lunch to the Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant. The Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant offers special local dumplings and other local cuisine. Even if you have eaten dumplings before in other places in China, it is still worth trying them again in this restaurant.
After lunch, your driver and tour guide will accompany you to Tongli Watertown. you will stay 3 hours or so in this town. A 20-minute boat ride along the canal is also included. No trip to Tongli is complete without a boat ride.
There is also enough time for the customer to walk through the town. The guide will help you visit Tuisi Garden, Chongben Hall, and Jiayin Hall, representing the essence and beauty of a truly ancient town. Walk across Taiping Bridge, Jili Bridge, and Changqing Bridge and take a great photo. All tickets are covered.
Thank you for traveling with us! After the tour, your tour guide and driver will transfer you to your hotel in Shanghai, or to the airport or railway station where you will catch your flight or train. Please note that you should arrive at the airport 1.5 hours ahead of departure time for domestic flights.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
|1 Person||2 - 5 Person||6 - 9 Person||10 - 20 Person|
|$ 258||$ 183||$ 138||$ 129|
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- Operates: daily
- Departure point: Hotels in Shanghai
- Return details: returns to the original departure point
- Languages: English|German |French|Spanish|Russian|Italian (The price is based on an English-speaking guide. Extra fees apply if you need a guide with another language)
- The price of this tour will rise during the China National Day holiday (September 30th to October 7th) and Chinese New Year holiday.
Good to Know
- This is a private tour. The local private English-speaking guide and the private car will serve your group only.
- You will receive a confirmation letter within 24 hours of making your payment.
- Your guide will contact you in the evening (Your guide will call you at around 18:00. If you missed your guide’s phone call, he or she will send you a short message) before your tour and confirm the exact pick-up time according to your preference.
- Your guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby on the tour date at the appointed time.
- The meal (if included) is in a Chinese restaurant and your guide will help you order the dishes according to your taste.
- There is absolutely no forced shopping.
- An extra fee applies if you need to be picked up or dropped off from/to airports or cruise terminals.
Our Customers' Reviews on Trip Advisor
Amazingly Impressive - Felipe G
It is just what I needed! This is amazingly pleasent for me. Gret experience to you and your family. :)
Garden City Suzhou and Ancient Water Village - ShanghaiDec2019
China Travel is extremely efficient at responding and providing the experience requested. The guide and drive made for a comfortable and enjoyable tour. The personal insights from the Chinese guides were particularly valuable. I highly recommend their service.