Wuzhen Village Tour from Shanghai
There are many water towns near Shanghai and Wuzhen is the largest one. The trip from Shanghai to Wuzhen takes its east section in 2 two-hour drive in a private van from your Shanghai hotel.
Wuzhen offers a glimpse into traditional Chinese culture and a tranquil escape from the bustling cities. Let's explore the highlights of this picturesque town.
Price based on 2 travelers
- Visit a water town that became prosperous at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Since the deep culture of Wuzhen in the former residence of a literary giant.
- Enjoy action-packed local acrobatics and kung fu shows on boats.
- Understand more of Wuzhen's history by visiting museums.
You will spend 2 hours in the car to Wuzhen, but your insightful tour guide will inform and excite you about today’s trip via his or her interesting introduction to the town.
Over 30 ancient beds are gathered together in the Ancient Bed Museum. A local craftsman took 3 years to finish the carvings on one of them. Local people believe such carvings will bring them a good harvest, peaceful lives, and high fertility.
The Folk Custom Museum displays scenes from local ceremonies, including weddings, birthday parties, and funerals. The main exhibits in the costume hall of the museum are exquisite ceremonial dresses, which vividly reflect the colorful local culture.
Your tour guide will help you order the most authentic local food in a restaurant. You may also discover attractive food during the rest of your tour. Feel free to tell your guide what you’d like to eat.
The Hongyuantai Dye House was initially opened over 1,000 years ago. The ancient process of dyeing cloth is still in use nowadays and the whole process is open to the inspection of visitors. Dyed clothes can make meaningful souvenirs, as the water-town culture can be partly explained by them.
The collections in the Wood Carving Museum include ornamentation on windows and doors. It is incredible to see so many complicated carvings in such a narrow space. You will not believe it unless you see it!
Mao Tun (1896–1981) was a well-known writer in the 20th century. His novels and prose were a great encouragement to Chinese people during wartime. You may never have read his work, but you will definitely sense the richness of the culture exuding from his home.
Transfer back to your hotel in Shanghai after the visit. There are other water towns different from Wuzhen. If you are interested in visiting them, just drop us a line!
Price Per Person in US Dollars
|1 Person||2 Person||3-5 Person||6-9 Person||10-20 Person|
- Entrance fees.
- Meals are listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- Operates: daily
- Departure point: Hotels in Shanghai
- Return details: returns to the original departure point
- Languages: English|German |French|Spanish|Russian|Italian (The price is based on an English-speaking guide. Extra fees apply if you need a guide with another language)
- The price of this tour will rise during the China National Day holiday (September 30th to October 7th) and the Chinese New Year holiday.
Good to Know
- This is a private tour. The local private English-speaking guide and the private car will serve your group only.
- You will receive a confirmation letter within 24 hours of making your payment.
- Your guide will contact you in the evening (Your guide will call you at around 18:00. If you missed your guide’s phone call, he or she will send you a short message) before your tour and confirm the exact pick-up time according to your preference.
- Your guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby on the tour date at the appointed time.
- The meal (if included) is in a Chinese restaurant and your guide will help you order the dishes according to your taste.
- There is absolutely no forced shopping.
- An extra fee applies if you need to be picked up or dropped off from/to airports or cruise terminals.